Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Diving right in


For as long as I can remember, I've been a collector of all things autistic/autism. I helped my dear friend Nan Songer organize the huge amounts of information she had (several large size 3-ring binders) and now as I am the mother of a HFA child, I keep my eyes peeled for new things, good or bad.

One of my latest endeavors was to start a Google Scholar alert for "autistic culture" and this entry arrived in my email today:

http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/Aspergian

Talk about expansive! But really, how serious can I take any page that has a block ad for DirecTV (highlighting the NFL no less) right after the header "Prevalence."

And I really wanted to see what Hans Asperger looked like (this page had an outdated link I guess). So a quick Google check and I found him! See picture at right.  Knew the name but never saw the face!  Now if I can just figure out how to add captions to photos or at least alt text in this blog, things will get better.


No comments:

Post a Comment